Saturday, January 20, 2018

Proposal-versary


Twenty-one years ago this weekend, Aaron asked me to marry him.  Certainly worth celebrating!  Our children know that Rocky Road ice cream played a large part in the proposal story.


When we are in America, we have so many more options to celebrate our romance, and it also culturally appropriate to do so here!  Last weekend, we snuck away to Devil's Den State Park for some much needed time to pray, plan, and play.


One of the books that we took along to spark discussion was "Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married" by Gary Chapman.  We picked up this book in May from friends who did much of our pre-marital counseling, but we are just now getting around to reading and discussing it.


I'm so grateful for the unexpected Christmas bonus from my school district that made this weekend possible, and I'm reminded over and over and over again that investing in marriage reaps huge benefits.


1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

So glad you got to sneak away! Looks like it was a beautiful adventure!