Thursday, January 4, 2018

Christmas with the Williams


Once again, we got to spend some time with far-away family.  Usually WE are the far-away family, but this year we got to share some of the joy of hosting some really fun people.


I mean, who else would cuddle a ball python and look so cute doing it, besides my spunky little sister?!?


My beautiful maternal grandmother joined us for a little while.


These are five of her eight great-grandchildren.  She even has a great-great-grandchild on another branch of the family tree!


My parents gave their grandchildren Nerf guns.  I had requested little one-shot guns for our kids and slightly larger three-shot guns for Aaron and me.  Instead, we each got six-shot powerhouses that easily put the bullets across the street.  We'll be picking up brightly colored Nerf bullets for days.


Of my parents' six children, four could gather in Arkansas this time.  I'm so grateful for my siblings who took the time, energy, and money to come together.  And I sure missed the two brothers who were absent.


My other grandmother also made space in her day to come to my parents' house.  Aaron immediately bedecked her with his Steelers cap.  All of her five great-grandchildren were under the same roof with her, but somehow we missed taking the photographic evidence.


My parents with all of their grandchildren.


My sister closest in age to me and her good-looking family.


My youngest sister and her hubby.


And the newest addition to our family, my brother is getting married in April!  We're super excited to be adding another Williams to this wild and crazy crew.


My little sisters.  Beautiful, intelligent, and talented ladies.


We challenged each other at foosball, we ate lots of good food (including our traditional stop at Stoby's), we talked a LOT, and we tried out brass mouthpieces to find the best fit.  Because isn't every family full of musicians?


No comments: