Monday, October 17, 2016

Contentment

 
Sometimes we might think we're doing okay if we aren't experiencing spiritual blowouts, yet the less-discernible slow leaks can lead to the same result. Often Satan's methodology is to slowly wear us down, spiriting away larger and larger parts of our hearts until we eventually look and think like the world and those who deny Christ.”
 
~Sandra Glahn and Crickett Keeth,
Sumatra with the Seven Churches”
 
 
I ran across this quote a few mornings ago, and I wondered what a “slow leak” would look like in my life. Immediately, I heard “discontent”. Not out loud. But I know that my lack of contentment often pricks a hole in my life and slowly siphons my joy away.  And I don't think I'm alone in this dilemma.  No matter where you or I live (even when it looks like a tropical paradise!), our hearts are easily lured by discontent.  Grab your mug of coffee, pull up a comfy chair, let's camp out on this topic and talk a while...

No comments: