Monday, July 18, 2016

"Making our homes places where people are known and loved deeply, as well as sent with the assurance of their worth and all they have to offer can be a rare and precious gift in today's culture." 
 
When I look back at the way I spent my time today (while Aaron sat in meetings), I see activities that include spending some time with the Lord, exercising with some of my colleagues this morning, helping Katherine with math, washing four loads of laundry, making a double batch of granola to take to the village, assisting Sarah with a particularly difficult line of music dictation, and hosting a belated birthday party for one of our SITAG colleagues.
 

"In the midst of sacrifice of time, money, luxury and self-indulgence, in the midst of putting God first and someone else second and self last - we can still have the fulfilments which help us to be balanced and whole creatures, rather than torn, lonely, unbalanced, splintered people." 
~Edith Schaeffer
 
 
My job as a homemaker fulfills me, challenges me, uses all of my skills and energy, and makes me fully dependent on the Lord each day.  I can't imagine a better job.
 
"Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ love us and gave himself up or us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." 
Ephesians 5:1-2

No comments: