Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Plumerville, Arkansas

 Sunday morning, we drove up the interstate a little ways toward Plumerville.  We giggled at the phone's pronunciation of "Ploom"-verville, until my linguist husband began waxing eloquently about the reasons and rules why the phone was correct.
 

We're so grateful that Mount Pleasant Missionary Baptist Church invited us to come and share a little bit about the importance of Bible translation.  One of the neatest things for me was how many people came up to me and told me how much they loved my grandparents.  My grandfather planted and pastored churches in central Arkansas for most of his life.  I want to leave that kind of legacy for my children and grandchildren.

 
After church, the pastor and his wife generously took us out for an impromptu lunch so we could continue some of the conversations we began in the church foyer.  Our time together was "iron sharpens iron" kind of time.  I'm grateful they listen to the Holy Spirit's nudge to spend more time with us.  We were encouraged and strengthened by the time we pulled into our driveway late Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

What a trip! So thankful for the good times with churches (and praying that translates into lots of "team members" for your ministry. And HURRAY! Glad you're HOME :D
Julie