Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Home

 
The rain outside is blowing against the windows as this powerful line of storms muscles its way through our area.  It's nice to be home for a few days.

 
Being home means I got to scrub the pink mold of my neglected shower.  That made me feel really good!
 

And when our washing machine quit working over the weekend, we were home and available for the repair guy to come fix both the washer and the dryer.  I'm so grateful for people who do their jobs well, no matter whether the job is seen by others or hidden to the public eye.
 
 
 I've also enjoyed being home to watch my morning glories shine.  They took a long time to get going, but once they finally started blooming, they've been so fun to watch.
 
 
Over the weekend, we stayed close to home and visited with Old Liberty Baptist Church just down the road.
 
 
My dad came to the evening services, another perk to staying close to home!  And even though my grandmother fed us lunch at her house after church on Sunday morning, she still wouldn't let me take any pictures of her.
 
 
I had forgotten how much I love hearing Aaron preach.  He really has a teacher's heart and a passion for God's Word.
 
 
Being home also means that my mama's cream of potato soup recipe fits the need for comfort food on a cool, rainy day.  Thank you, Lord, for a place to call home for this season of our lives.

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Yummmm, that soup looks great :D Yoiu're blogging about potato soup, Ann's having baked potatoes, and now you know what I'm craving? ;D Just bought a bag of potatoes from Costco - the biggest baking potatoes I've ever seen!
Praying that you're all filled up with comfort and joy,
Julie