Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Close to Home

 
Aaron has been putting in some extra long hours so the whole family could go work in my grandma's yard this morning.


My brother came, too, and we did all kinds of work.  It's so much more fun to tackle a "to-do" list when you have a whole bunch of people you love all pulling together.


And when the backdrop is as beautiful as Lake Conway, that makes the work easier, too.


It's a treat for me to be close to "home" again.  Our hearts are parked in so many different places around the world that we're not sure where home is.


I loved watching the team work and laugh together.
 

One of our family mottos is, "Choates can do hard things."  The kids like to remind me that Choates can do easy things, too.  Like pick a few ripe blackberries when we had a moment to pause and catch our breath.
 



 
This morning, home meant living close enough to help out my grandmother, with my brother, husband, and children by my side.  And I loved every sweaty minute of it.

No comments: