Friday, February 13, 2015

Thursday, February 5

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday mornings, Aaron teamed up with two men, Barnabas and Edwin, for language learning sessions. Edwin was born during WWII when the Japanese occupied Marulaon Village, and Barnabas was born not long after. These two guys are a hoot, and when all three of them get together, there is sure to be lots of laughter in addition to language learning. I've been making popcorn each morning to fuel their brain work.
Aaron, Barnabas, Edwin working
While the guys work over in the church, the rest of us do school at home. My scholars are so diligent! Yesterday, Sarah and Benjamin dissected a crayfish for biology. I love being able to learn together as a family! And I love the flexibility that school at home brings, too.
crayfish dissection
Aaron is off this morning for a work day at Fly Harbour Primary School, almost a two mile walk to the other end of our island. His language learning today will be practicing everything he has been learning while we works alongside our neighbors. World Vision is here holding a community awareness program about nutrition, specifically aimed at pregnant and nursing mothers and children ages 0-5. I attended the meeting this morning, while my awesome kids worked hard at home. Mid-morning, when the meeting finished, I came home to find everybody doing well in their studies, and I was able to jump right back into the school day. Now, I'm waiting for Janet to come get me for the next workshop. Of course, I've been waiting for five hours already. Got to love Solomon Time!

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Tate is doing the same Biology course, but we're a bit behind you... LOVE Apologia :D

Of course, you could find any number of sea creatures to dissect, and maybe eat!

Julie