Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Saturday, January 31

Seven Prayer Tools
"Pray for Missionaries:  Seven prayer tools from the apostle Paul" is still my favorite brochure that the Wycliffe USA prayer department produces.  Since we're in the village, I can't go online and link anything, I'll share the text over the next several days.  The pictures are from our own wonderful Marulaon Village.
Jaham - weekend
Partners in Prayer
The apostle Paul was a missionary and a man of prayer.  He prayed for those without Christ, for the believers and for the new churches established under his ministry.
He also asked the believers to pray for him:  "Dear friends, I urge you in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.  Do this because of your love for me, given to you by the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:30 (NLT)
Paul knew prayer would bring results:  "He will rescue us because you are helping by praying for us.  As a result, many will give thanks to God because so many people's prayers for our safety have been answered."  2 Corinthians 1:11 (NLT)
In his letters, Paul gave specific prayer requests for which believers should pray.  As a prayer partner with those who are called to go, you too will have an impact that can reach around the world.  Paul's prayer requests can serve as a tool for praying with effectiveness and understanding.

1 comment:

Bartokhound said...

Thank you for posting these prayer tools, Joanna. I look forward to reading all the installments (and, of course, seeing the photos, too!).

Love,

Kayla