Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Friday, February 13

Wednesday for lunch, we fixed a big pan of local potatoes (umalau) and pumpkin greens covered with coconut cream and cooked on hot stones.  This combination is one of our family's favorites, but we also wanted to have some nice food to share with Barnabas and Edwin as a thank you for spending the last two weeks helping Aaron.  They said they were finished now and that Aaron needed to find somebody new. 
In scraping the coconuts, I pulled something in my back in a place that is prone to injury ever since I went and collected big motu stones in the river on one of the Russell Islands's big islands.  Some people have old football injuries, I have old cooking injuries from the village!  I've been doing school on my back in bed, getting up from time to time, but mostly trying to rest my back for the upcoming trip on Sunday.
Barnabas brought his empty bowl back within a few hours of delivery.  He was SO happy and told me his belly was full now.  Edwin returned his bowl on Thursday, but he didn't get to eat his food.  He was in the garden when Aaron delivered the bowl, and somebody else ate the food!

No comments: