Monday, August 4, 2014

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Monday, August 4
 
Outside my window...the sea is "smiling".  That's how our Solomon Islands friends describe the ocean when the wind is creating whitecaps on the water.  Glad I'm on land today.
 
On my bookshelf..."Pale Horse" by Agatha Christie.  Every once in a while, I just need a light read!

One of my favorite things...Katherine's construction paper version of when God created the earth, complete with mountains, flowers, and the ocean.

 
From the school rooms...starting back today after a nice visit with my mom.  The kids were supposed to be starting French, but we can't get the Rosetta Stone program to work on our computer.  So, today, a 3D Eiffel Tower puzzle from my mom had to suffice.


Crafting in the kitchen...I inadvertently scheduled a "Meatless Monday".  Meat is really expensive here, so we rarely eat it.  Granola for breakfast, dilly spread & crackers for lunch, and tamale pie from "Laurel's Kitchen" for supper.
 
Around the house...Sarah has been keeping us supplied with beautiful little bouquet of frangipanis.  I love her eye for beauty.
 
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...various meetings throughout the week, but we're also planning to attend a wreath laying ceremony early Thursday morning to commemorate the landing of American troops on Guadalcanal, and hoping to enjoy the "supermoon" weekend

A peek into my corner of the world...Benjamin helped install a new washing machine this afternoon.


And then he helped carry the old one away.  Proud of his hard work and willingness to help out!

 

No comments: