Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Tuesday, July 8

Yesterday, I went to Sylvester's to take her some onions as a thank you for the clam shells she gave us.   
Sylvester at motu 7-8
We chatted for a while, and she asked if I had any more of the big cans with plastic lid (the tins that our dehydrated fruits and veggies come in) so she could store her dried havu.

Shark 7-8
I walked quickly back up the hill to grab a can for her, and when I returned, she asked if I had ever eaten shark.  Her husband accidentally caught a shark when he was fishing for his son's visit, but the son's ship didn't make the trip because of engine trouble (good ol' Bikoi).  So, she had extra shark.  Some, she had boiled with limes and lime leaves, and some she had cooked on the hot stones.  So, she gave us some of both so we could see which one we liked better.  We liked both!

1 comment:

Nahna said...

Oh...I had shark on a cruise once upon a time...it was wonderful. So glad to be able to keep up with your days.
Hugs for all