Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Thinking about being little

 
Aaron has driven off to the village with one of our colleagues whose language group is close by, and the kids and I are chipping away at school.  I'm feeling pensive, which is very unusual for me, and thinking about how much I need to be more childlike...

"I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."  Matthew 18:3


"The positive qualities of the child - openness, trusting dependence, playfulness, simplicity, sensitivity to feelings - restrain us from closing ourselves off to new ideas, unprofitable commitments, the surprises of the Spirit, and risky opportunities for growth."  ~Brennan Manning

 
 "Being little is also not attributing to oneself the virtues that one practices, as if one believed oneself capable of achieving something, but recognizing that the good God puts this treasure into the hands of his little child for it to make good us of it whenever it needs; but it is always the good God's treasure."  ~Therese of Lisieux

 

1 comment:

Nahna said...

I love this post...makes me cry knowing that it is true that we need to be more like children..and so often we are not. Too "burdened down" rather than just BEING AND TRUSTING in our wonderful GOD who is so able.
Thank you for the reminders...love those pictures too...
I love you.