Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Tuesday, March 18
 
 Noticing that...we got two Christmas cards in the mail!  Slow mail brings sweet surprises.
 
From the learning rooms...loving some Dvorak this week with "Two Scarlet Songbirds" by Carole Lexa Scaeffer.  The book is geography, history, nature study, and fine arts all rolled into one!
 
Outside my window...a sunny, beautiful day, and the lady who weeds the yard is burning big piles of brush.  The smoke is drifting through the windows and making me sneeze.
 
On my bookshelf..."Recapture the Wonder" by Ravi Zacharias, on lone from a SITAG friend
 
From the kitchen...potato soup and the end of the watermelon tonight.  A definite need for a market run tomorrow morning to restock fresh fruits & veggies.
 
One of my favorite things...enough sleep.
 
Hearing...the basketball bouncing off the concrete court as the kids play outside
 
Pondering these words..."Most often, our depression is unexpressed anger, and it manifests itself as the sloth of disobedience, a refusal to keep up the daily practices that would keep us in good relationship to God and to each other."  ~Kathleen Norris
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...taking Aaron to the wharf tomorrow night
 
A peek into my corner of the world...loving these printables to bring me back to adoring God and His Word
 

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Yes, I would have to say that enough sleep would be one of my favorite things.

Wow! That quote -- it's so powerful! I will have to meditate on that one for awhile.

The printables are wonderful. I'm going to have to print some off too.

Hugs!
Deborah