Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend Wonders

"But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy.  Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.  For surely, O Lord, you bless the righteous; you surround them with your favor as with a shield."  Psalm 5:11-12
 
Noticing His favor in...
 
 
-These amazing ladies who keep SITAG clean and faithfully serve God day after day with sweet spirits.
 
-The stomach bug that only attacked Olivia and only lasted for about eight hours.
 

-Our stovetop waffle maker and a great yeast recipe that made enough for Saturday morning and for the freezer, too!

-Meeting one of my colleague's village friends, having a sweet visit with the two of them, and being eaten by mosquitos while we talked.  Then walking by some of our other national friends and translators on the way up the hill and asking them why I got bitten and they didn't, and hearing the response, "Because you are fat!"  (a compliment here) followed by lots of laughter.  It was a bonding moment.
 
 
-Taking some colleagues down to the wharf for the long ship ride out to their village.  We love being in Honiara to help out!  And we got to see a friend from Marulaon Village, too.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love your grateful spirit...and your waffles. Those look tasty and I much prefer them to pancakes. Our waffle maker broke years ago and I have been remiss in replacing it. I am thinking I might be well eaten had I been there. Eeep. :)

The dB family said...

We only had one child get the stomach bug here too. I love the idea of making enough waffles for the freezer too. I am going to have to do that. Always love reading your thankful lists. It gives me a good glimpse into your week.

Blessings!
Deborah