Sunday, October 13, 2013

Race Day


Team Choate participated in the 5K (Aaron, Joanna, Sarah, and Benjamin) and the 2K (Olivia and Katherine) this year in the Fly Solomons races.


As always, I had my faithful exercise buddy to keep me company and spur me on toward the finish line.












Thirty-two people raced for team SITAG (half marathon, 5K, & 2K) and several more helped by running with the little ones in the 2K, cheering, and watching the ice chest with cold green coconuts and water bottles.


After the race, we enjoyed a time of yummy food, sweet fellowship, and singing praises to God who made our bodies able to run races.


Finally, many of the group went back for the awards ceremonies.  Our kids did especially well! 


2 comments:

The Hibbard Family said...

I love the mid-air shot of Sarah!

quilt'n-mama said...

Someday we will come and run this race with you friends! Looks like a great day to run!