Saturday, October 26, 2013

Morning Grumpies

-The boom of the bass notes began at 5:30 this morning.  A Saturday morning.  Somebody was throwing a BIG party just down the hill.
 
 
 
-All of our village sheets (five sets) trying to get dry on the porch because it has rained yesterday afternoon and all day today.
 
-Kosco has changed its schedule and we don't know when we'll be going out to Marulaon.  The uncertainty presents a challenge for me.
 
My morning grumpies began to change when I read:
 
"We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near;
men tell of your wonderful deeds."  Psalm 75:1
 
 
-Yummy pumpkin spice donuts that Sarah made for breakfast as we pretend it's Autumn here
 
-I found a bloggy friend who mirrored my own feelings.  Her insights about surrender gave me the kick in the pants I needed.
 
-The realization that we really could use a few more days to pack and that God's timing is always perfect!
 
-A phone call with a SITAG colleague.  By the time we finished chatting, this edifying friend had woven enough "telling of God's wonderful deeds" into the conversation that my whole attitude had changed.  I'm still amazed that praising God and reflecting on who He is makes my heart turn around 180 degrees and draws me near to Him.

2 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Good morning, dear friend - as we get ready to go to bed here. I've sent a box of sunshine your way...I'm so afraid it will get there "mid-winter" :)...But if it does maybe you can extend autumn a little...
Love ya! Praying you will have a very relaxing, sunshiny, blessed Lord's Day!
Love,
Ava

Leslie said...

Nice job, Sarah! Those donuts look yumm-O!