Monday, October 21, 2013

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Monday, October 21

Outside my window...rain, lovely rain.  I've heard several people say they think rainy season has begun early.  I love the coolness it brings here in Honiara.

Pondering these words..."I have always been complaining that my work was constantly interrupted, until I slowly discovered that my interruptions were my work."  ~Mark Buchanan

From the learning rooms...John Adams, Sequoyah, Thomas Jefferson (Katherine is enjoying "Revolutionary John Adams" and "Thomas Jefferson" by Cheryl Harness, "Worst of Friends: Thomas Jefferson and John Adams" by Suzanne Tripp Jurmain); Sarah is using congruent triangles in geometry (glad Aaron is good at math!), only three days of school as we pack up the books

One of my favorite things...Skype chats!  I'm so glad my parents made me take typing in high school and that those years of piano lessons helped me type really fast.

A few plans for the rest of the week...some company coming before we shut down the kitchen on Thursday, school finishes on Wednesday, need to make some more granola for the village (the last batch had 24 cups of oatmeal), and just lots of packing and sorting.  And write Christmas cards, too.
 
Crafting in the kitchen...I stumbled across this link to 25 Pumpkin Desserts.  We're shutting down the kitchen in a few days, but I think we will try as many of these as we can!

A heart of gratitude...Friends who help me experience Autumn through their eyes.

A peek into my corner of the world...celebrating a SITAG "uncle's" birthday yesterday morning with breakfast before church

 

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Pumpkin + dessert = WINWINWIN!

Love the John Buchanan quote... I'm guessing he was a parent :D

Julie