Monday, September 30, 2013

Lavukaleve Review Answers

Here are the correct answers:
 
 
 Uvikola vofulune.  (I'm plucking cassava.)  This verb works for plucking Chinese cabbage or for plucking your eyebrows, too!
 
 
(Liss, you had me laughing about hot dogs attached to shooting stars!)
 
 
Manioko okwine.  (I'm cooking papaya.)
 

 
Leus elauva!  (Go sweep the trash!)
 



Ui ehatariva!  (Cut the food!)
 

 
Lisa and Margaret, you were the closest with half of your guesses correct!  I'll get your purses in the mail as soon as I can.  Thanks for playing along!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad I could provide a moment of levity if not correct answers!

Love,
Liss

Bartokhound said...

Congrats, Liss and Margaret! Jason wouldn't have looked right carrying a purse anyway. :-)

Kayla

LISA said...

Ooh 50%, that's not too good. I told you I could only communicate in my native language, FOR REAL! Looking forward to a package, thanks! We will be praying for your time in the village, when are you scheduled to return to the city?