Monday, September 9, 2013

Honiara Woman's Daybook



Just for today...Monday, September 9
Outside my window...rain, wind, and very rough seas
From the learning rooms...reading "The Remarkable Benjamin Franklin" by Cheryl Harness to Katherine to go along with the big kids studies, beginning the video "America The Story of Us" and following along as we progress through history
Noticing that...my kids have a new favorite game, Bohnanza
One of my favorite things...the very accurate sign from my mom which sits in the coffee basket next to the Biff's Coffee we brought in our suitcases

On my bookshelf..."Desperate:  Hope for the Mom who Needs to Breathe" by Sally Clarkson, a gift from a friend who does book reviews
Crafting in the kitchen...baked spaghetti tonight and Sarah is mixing up some cinnamon egg braid right now to be ready for breakfast in the morning.
A few plans for the rest of the week...trying to stay close to home this week since Aaron is gone.  Going to call Kosco office tomorrow to see how the weather is affecting the ship's return to Honiara.
A peek into my corner of the world...we've made Lavukaleve cards to help us review our verb roots with basic games like "Go Fish"
 

1 comment:

us5 said...

we love Bohnanza! :D and we're studying the same era of history. fun! thinking of you this evening, and praying for you in Aaron's absence...(as i miss my dh, too...)