Monday, July 22, 2013

Orchestra teacher

 

Growing up, our family had a special situation.  We had the same orchestra teacher from sixth grade until we graduated from high school.  Our teacher had Williams' children for twenty years.  It would have been longer except my youngest brother decided to play the French horn.
 

My sister who played the viola

This lovely lady now teaches orchestra  in northwest Arkansas, but she made the trip down to Conway to get Aaron's cello and to hug our necks.  She taught us about more than string instruments.
 

My sister who still plays the cello, and is cello-sitting for me
 
She taught us about handling life with wisdom and grace.  Aaron and I like to say that she was the earliest pre-marital counseling we received as we learned to be good stand partners.  What a sweet gift to spend a little time with her last Friday night!

1 comment:

Bartokhound said...

I just have to say how much I love this entry. Of course, I love all your entries, Joanna. This one just seems extra-special!
Love,
Kayla