Friday, July 5, 2013

More Ottawa, Canada


Monday, June 24, was filled with sightseeing and museums.  We began with a tour of Canada's parliament.
 


Normally, visitors can't take pictures or talk inside the library because of people actually working there, but today was a national holiday.  Oh, my, it was beautiful circle of books.
 

 
After the tour, the choir dispersed into smaller groups to watch the changing of the guard


and to explore the beautiful statues scattered all over Parliament Hill.
 


This bell hung in the original parliament that was destroyed by fire.  The library, in the background, survived.  I think I just found the floor plan for my future library.
 


My girls were such hams,
 

 
I think their favorite part of the morning was climbing trees.
 

For our afternoon activities, we drove over to the Canadian Museum of Civilization, just over the river from Parliament Hill.
 


Too bad my group lacks personality.  Never a dull moment with these girls.
 


3 comments:

Leslie said...

Looks like you are having more great adventures and getting some good pictures in the process.

The dB family said...

I'm playing catch up as usual. So neat to see that you were in my part of the country -- even though I have never been up the CN Tower, or gone to Ottawa. Still sad that we could not finally meet in real life. This just means we'll have to come to you someday! :o)

I can not imagine all the goodbyes you are going through again. Praying that God gives you strength and the courage you need to get through these next few weeks.

Big hugs!!
Deborah

us5 said...

:gasp: that library is g.o.r.g.e.o.u.s.!!! you do such a great job chronicling with photos!