Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Grandparents


I realize that my situation is unusual.  I have three grandparents still around.  That's three great-grandparents my kids get to enjoy.  Not counting Aaron's side of the family.

 
 


My grandparents live on Lake Conway. 
 
 
It is one of the most peaceful places I know.



My grandpa always makes a garden.  This year it's overflowing with squash, tomatoes, okra, and purple hull peas.  I have great memories of shelling purple hull peas with my grandmother and finishing with very purple fingers.
 

 
My sister and her family came out to join us at our grandparents' house.  


I think Olivia could belong to my sister.  They are both just a wee bit spunky.
 


We played cards,
 


and cars.
 

 



And got lots of hugs.
 

Not enough to last for the whole furlough.
 

 
But enough to fill up our hearts for today.  And today is enough.


 

No comments: