Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bunnell, Florida

Wednesday afternoon, we pulled into the driveway of a sweet friend.


All I had to do was walk in the front door, and I immediately felt like I had walked into my own home.  The kids quickly settled down and began to play games like Quiddler.



My college roommate (for one semester) dropped by and brought her lovely children.

Among the three families,


thirteen lovely children were running around the house and yard.



Wednesday evening, we shared with Community Baptist Church in Bunnell.


And after church, we went back to the house for a church wide ice cream social.


Thanks, friend, for opening your home to so many!


Thursday morning, the light was streaming in the front windows when I tiptoed downstairs for a cup of coffee.


And I got to sit on the front porch to watch the sun go high in the trees, read my Bible, and listen to a symphony of birdsong.

Can you find the "big kid" in the picture?


Love this sweet family and their mama.
Can't believe she wanted to put up with me for a whole semester.  And she still stays in touch!


And this lovely lady?  She opened her home to our crazy brood.  Love her back porch with its rocking chairs.

Thanks for your hospitality and for making memories with us!


1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

I am so glad that you all got to spent time together! I want to come next time:)