Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hugs and Tears

Sarah, Benjamin, Olivia. and I are flying to Canada today with the Southwest Children's Chorus.  Aaron and Katherine get the very unglamorous  job of cleaning up after us and finishing the packing.  For the next couple of weeks, I'll be chaperoning a lovely group of choir girls instead of posting on the blog.  But I'll be back once our family reunites in Florida!

 
 
Yesterday was a day of goodbyes.  If you ask my children where their "home" is located, some of them will tell you the Solomon Islands, and some of them will tell you Cedar Hill, Texas.  God has planted our hearts in lots of places.  To say thank you, we dropped off chocolate chip cookies at the post office and the library.


 
Then came the toughest cookie delivery, our favorite coffee shop, White Rhino.  Lots of places may have a barista that makes a great skinny, decaf cinnamel latte when they see you coming.  But how many coffee shops can boast a barista whose parting words are, "I'll be praying for you"?
 
 
The last three days have been solid hugs and tears.  My face feels so swollen from all this crying, but not as swollen as my heart.  My final sweet visit of the day came from this precious sister who took home my potted morning glories to welcome the sunshine at her house across town.  They don't have to have their roots ripped out.  When I feel my "roots" being ripped out, it's a good thing.  It means I have loved and shared life and laughter and tears.  Feeling the pain means my heart is still soft and responsive.  And even knowing the pain, the choice to love is soooo worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know that pain so well... glad that your morning glories have a good home, though, since you can't take them with you like your memories.
Hope the chorus tour goes splendiferously!:-)
~Ruth

us5 said...

praying for you in the painful good-byes...it feels as if a precious part of you is being torn away. but these sacrifices of praise don't go unseen by your Father. praying for you now, that He will be near to comfort and cheer you, and giving thanks for all the loving relationships He's gifted to you!