Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Strawberry Picking and Celebrating a Birthday



Yesterday, we took advantage of the beautiful day and drove over to Gnismer Farms to pick strawberries.





The farm staff had just picked some rhubarb (which I've never cooked, maybe because I'm from the South?), so we grabbed some for a culinary adventure.




We made a rhubarb cake from The Great Holiday Baking Book to celebrate Julie's birthday.


After supper, we made room in our tummies by playing a little football,




 then we celebrated with this "iron sharpens iron" family.  We've been able to pile together a whole lot of memory making in just a short time, and we're so grateful!
 

3 comments:

quilt'n-mama said...

Yummy!
I am hoping that we get to pick some strawberries out of our patch this year, we'll see.

Anonymous said...

Strawberry rhubarb pie is the way to go - though I haven't had one in years. I should see if I can't find a recipe... Those strawberries look super yummy!

us5 said...

mmmm! strawberries. and rhubarb! rhubarb crisp with ice cream on top is the best! :) savor each taste of God's goodness!