Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Texas Woman's Daybook


Just for today...Tuesday, April 30
Outside my window...the morning was so absolutely gorgeous.  A beetle moving the grass caught my eye...

and as the sun crept higher, it caught several horizontal spider webs clinging to the wet grass.


The pecan trees are doing their best to produce a bumper crop.


One last royal iris bravely blooms next door in the yard of the church's other mission home.  


And it looks like one of the peach trees escaped the late frost.  Baby peaches!



On my bookshelf... "The Green Glass Sea" by Ellen Klages.  Thanks to my friend, Grace, I've got a great book to read along with our studies in the 1940's.
Noticing that...my morning glories are finally coming up!

A heart of thankfulness...for people who know what they're doing when we don't have a clue.  I really appreciate others sharing their wisdom with us.

I am hearing...Katherine playing the piano.  That girl has tons of music in her!

Pondering these words... "In seeking the Best we soon find that our enemy is our good things not our bad.  The things that keep us back from God's best are not sin and imperfection, but the things that are right and good and noble from the natural standpoint....Very few us debate with the sordid and evil and wrong, but we do debate with the good."  ~Oswald Chambers

From the kitchen...broccoli rice quiche tonight, just because I already have the ingredients in the house.  Headed to the grocery store tomorrow.
Around the house...lots of boxes for the crate headed out the door in just a few minutes.  Hope we didn't forget anything.



From the learning rooms...the 1940's, Benjamin finishes his math book this week, Aaron Copland, Katherine is learning about American money.
A few plans for the rest of the week...the kids have an extra choir rehearsal and we have an extra handbell rehearsal, both on Thursday night.  This weekend will be busy with extra family coming, the kids' choir concert Saturday night, handbells playing Sunday morning, and Aaron baptizing both Olivia and Katherine!
A peek into my corner of the world...we love these two and enjoyed our front row seat last night. Looking forward to watching God use them as a husband/wife team!





5 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

LOVE that quote from Oswald Chambers - I sure feel that struggle. We pray it from Philippians (1:9-10) And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and my be pure and blameless until the day of Christ...

Julie

Bartokhound said...

Is that sweet Sarah with a bunch of choir t-shirts? That really made me smile.
I can hardly wait to see pictures of the baptism. Prayers with you all!
Lots of love,
Jayla

Choate Family said...

Julie, I need that prayer. Keep it coming this way, friend.

Good eyes, Kayla! Our neighbors in Marulaon Village will be so happy to have some new t-shirts :-)

Joanna

Leslie said...

The iris is a fabulous shade of purple! Love it! The quote reminds me of a book I just finished reading by Jen Hatmaker called 7. Praying for your things to arrive safely, too!

The Hibbard Family said...

This post made me smile all over, from the Oswald Chambers quote (I need to pick my book back up - it's been a few years!) to the exciting engagement pictures. Praying for you as you go into the latter part of the week!