Monday, March 25, 2013

Texas Woman's Daybook

Just for today...Monday, March 25
 
Outside my window...we had a freeze early this morning, and we're supposed to have another one tomorrow.  Hope the peach blossoms are okay.
 
On my bookshelf..."Heralds of Spring in Texas" by Roland H. Wauer.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the changing of seasons?!?
 
 
Noticing that...when I remind myself of all of the good things God gives me, I am much more content.  And the coffee in the cup is a bonus. 
 
 
A heart of thankfulness...for laughter.
 
Pondering these words... "Investing in God and in people is to invest in happiness, because investing is what God has designed us for and called us to."  ~Lydia Brownback 
 
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.  This is the great and first commandment.  And a second is like it:  You shall love your neighbor as yourself..."  Matthew 22:37-40
 
From the kitchen...I drove down to Scasta Farm this morning and picked up two dozen eggs along with a pound of spinach.  Yum!  Hoping to go visit on a field trip soon.  But tonight we'll be enjoying orange pork chops, gingered butternut squash, and a salad before we take the kids to choir rehearsal.
 
 
From the learning rooms...we began our last nine weeks today!  So proud of my kids for staying on top of school with all of the "van-school".
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...lots of coming and going.  An ethno-botanist will be speaking at Aaron's school tomorrow, and he has conducted research in the Solomon Islands, so we will go to hear him.  Our good friends are leaving for the Solomons tomorrow afternoon, and necks need to be hugged one more time.  Wednesday afternoon, we will meet with our co-coordinators for SITAG's 2013 Conference to hammer out some details. Thursday I'll take the kids to the Dallas Symphony's children's concert in the morning, and then the whole family will attend Dallas Baptist University's performance of Messiah in the evening.  Not exactly the Holy Week I had in mind, but I'm so thankful for the opportunities to invest in God and people.
 
A peek into my corner of the world...lunch today with two sets of Solomon Islands' colleagues.  One family came in last night, the other family is leaving tomorrow.
 
 

3 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, it sounds like a wonderful week! (Or maybe getting to hear Messiah is the icing on the cake!)

Julie

Leslie said...

Beautiful eggs! I have a friend that has been selling them at our co-op so have scored 3 doz so far. I found a duck egg outside but am not brave enough to eat it.
You also reminded me that I need a new French press. I gave mine away. :) Blessings!!!

us5 said...

i love your intentional focus to see the good things He has lavished on you...and the contentment that follows! i need the constant reminder to give Him thanks. ♥