Friday, February 15, 2013

Road Trip with SNOW



The main reason we planned this trip in February was because we wanted to enjoy snow and cold temperatures.  My sister took us to the beautiful Minnehaha Falls and the icy Mississippi River.
 




One of my favorite cookbooks, "The Great Scandinavian Baking Book", references Ingrebretsen's, and I finally got to go see all of the beautiful books, dishes, foods, and needlework inside.  I even grabbed a new cookbook as a souvenir, "The Great Holiday Baking Book" by the same author.

 
After lunch, we bundled up and hit the slopes for sledding.  My tropical kids have never experienced anything like this, and we couldn't have asked for better weather or a more perfect park with gentle hills.


 
Aaron and I even loaded up on the sled together a couple of times!

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh hurray, hurray, hurray! What great memories your family will have from this furlough!

Julie

The dB family said...

So glad you ALL got to experience some winter weather! The children can now all have chilly thoughts on those really hot days back in the Islands.

Blessings!
Deborah