Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dallas Museum of Art

We left the house bright and early Tuesday morning to drive to the UPS distribution center so we could pick up some packages.  I had no idea that UPS couldn't deliver to a PO box, but now I know.  And I had the most lovely conversation with the lady who worked in the pickup window!


Because I wasn't sure how long the package process would take, we left plenty of time for travel and arrived at the Dallas Museum of Art more than thirty minutes early.  I was content to sit and wait, but my kids really wanted to "go and do".  So, we hopped on the free trolley, and set off to parts unknown!  Not really, we just rode the loop back to the museum, but we got to ride on the turntable as the driver turned the car around.


As always, the museum crafted a fabulous day of learning for the kids, this time the theme was art centered on the five senses.


Every person who led a session made experiencing art memorable (even the grownups had fun!).


We paused to refuel with a picnic lunch...


...and to observe the beautiful mushrooms growing right night to our quilt.


We finished our day at the art museum with a fabulous pianist who told stories and involved the kids with her music.  I think this was my favorite part of the day, and we're looking forward to going back for the next First Tuesday.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

You guys are making the most of your furlough and sure soaking up all the area has to offer. I like seeing familiar places (the orchard, too) in your posts. Makes me a little sad that my kids had to go grow up. :)