Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook



For today...Monday, August 20

Outside my window...our patio chairs and glass table minus the glass.  The storms over the weekend toppled the table and shattered the glass.  Aaron called a glass store and they said it would cost more to repair the table than it would cost to buy a new one.

I am thinking about...our Lavukal neighbors.  The windy time of year should be finishing up this week or next, making rain possible again. 

From the learning rooms...Thirty Years' War, Sarah: Working with intergers; Benjamin: Triangles and 4-sided figures; Olivia: addition & subtraction of decimals; Katherine: making sets of ten

A heart of thankfulness...for this house.  It is such a big, lovely place (with a huge parking lots for bike riding, too) to help us fill back up.

From the kitchen...pull apart cinnamon apple rolls & veggie sausage this morning, tonight we'll enjoy beef stew and frosty peach pie for dessert.  It's fun to eat healthy foods that taste great, too!

From my bookshelf...time to read has been almost non-existent lately, so I'm still working on "Galileo's Daughter".  It is a mighty thick book, and I'm choosing to spend my time pouring myself into my family and friends.  One day, I'll finish it or turn it back in to the library.

I am hoping...to dig out of my inbox soon!

One of my favorite things...soap paint

Pondering these words..."Self-control is managing our attitudes, feelings, and actions so they serve our long-term best interests and those of others.  Self-control comes to people who learn discipline and social skills.  It increases in those who accept God's grace in their lives and who seek to know and apply divine truths in a disciplined manner."  ~Richard Walters

Looking ahead...making cookies to send to the Dallas Baptist University open house where our church will have a booth this evening, the Women's Ministry at church kicks off tomorrow night, church on Wednesday night, company on Thursday night, and we go to Gilmer, Texas, over the weekend to worship with Antioch Baptist Church (and so I can finally meet Ava!)

A peek into my corner of the world...Katherine reading Biscuit books to her doll, Anna, on the front porch this morning



4 comments:

Leslie said...

Those are the sweetest ponytails! I like what you said about about pouring yourself into your family and friends. Good times!

Betsy de Cruz said...

What a lovely entry in a Texas Woman's Daybook! Thanks for sharing your day and your thoughts.

Are you on furlough? I hadn't seen your blog in a while.

Abi's Blog said...

Good afternoon!
I'm so excited for the Choate family to visit us this wkend!! Call me if you need anything at all in making your plans...I think Aaron should still have the numbers on his fb message. Just can't wait!
Blessings,
Ava

quilt'n-mama said...

Looks like you had a great week!