Monday, August 6, 2012

Texas Woman's Daybook



For today...Monday, August 6

Outside my window...it's a different window this week.  And it will stay the same for nine, count 'em nine, months!  The church parking lot surrounds our little green spot of grass around the house.  The kids are loving riding their bikes in all of that parking lot space.

I am thinking...and praying for the Old Testament/New Testament Survey class being offered in Honiara this week.  Our friend and Lavukal translator, Ezekiel, came in to attend.

From the learning rooms...kids are still out of school for the move, but I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things by the end of the week and reading about Samuel Champlain and Henry Hudson exploring North America.



A heart of thankfulness...for my sweet friend who just walked in the house with a garage sale find for me:  Vintage (1952) Scandinavian Cookie Notes by Red Farm Studio.  Each of the 20 cards has a different recipe!


From the kitchen...Golden Morning Muffins and Canadian bacon this morning, and I'm about to go start cooking some Texas Golden Chicken for supper.  They both use orange juice concentrate, guess that's why they are both "golden".  The whole family is using the "First Place" system again to help teach the kids about good nutrition and to help Aaron and me shed the "furlough fifteen" that has already crept on.


I am hoping...my back feels better soon. 

I am creating...school schedules and meal plans.  Boring and wonderful real life that means we have finally settled down.

I am hearing...the air conditioner.  I'm still not quite used to the ability to actually make my house cool, especially in our triple-digit heat.  The house is so quiet because Aaron took the kids to the pool at the International Linguistics Center (ILC) where Aaron's classes will be held.


Around the house...tea at my elbow while I type.  Aaron gave me this personal size pot and cup while we were still in high school, and I still love it!

One of my favorite things...singing "We Will Remember" in church yesterday morning and hearing testimonies of God's faithfulness in between the verses of the song

Pondering these words... [God] is just as involved in the mundane events as He is in the miraculous.  One of my long time friends...often says with a smile, "God moves among the casseroles."   ~Charles Swindoll

Looking ahead...thankfully we have a slow week where we can continue to sort and organize, hang pictures, and re-learn our way around the area.  Next week, church activities kick into high gear, and Aaron starts school.

A peek into my corner of the world...
I'm out of computer time...got to go cook supper for my hungry crew!

1 comment:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Hurray for a NINE-MONTH home :D And friends that help you move in and bring food. And a pool... a POOL!

Julie