Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

Our lives haven't been very restful lately, but as we finally take a break from boxes today and enjoy going to church together, I'm thankful for:


 -early in the week, family willing to help us load heavy furniture and having fun playing "couch cushion frisbee"


-a hard working team who stuck it out to the bitter end, even cleaning the ceiling fans

-finding a new K-LOVE radio station every time the last one crackled into oblivion while driving.  The "joy of the Lord" certainly was my strength as I counted the minutes until I could take more ibuprofen for my back pain.

-a former student who made time to eat lunch with us in Texarkana



-another team of adopted family awaiting us in Texas, helpful, cheerful, and bearing groceries, just like when both families live in Honiara


-a lizard waiting inside to make Benjamin feel at home

"Gratitude takes nothing for granted, it is never unresponsive, is constantly awakening to new wonder, and to praise of the goodness of God."  ~Thomas Merton

1 comment:

Leslie said...

A big Texas welcome to you and your sweet family. I had to smile at the lizard. That is a great quote. That is going in my collection.