Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sweet Sabbath from Grice, Texas

 
 
"It requires the greatest effort and produces the greatest humility to receive anything from God; we would much sooner earn it." 
~Oswald Chambers
 
I feel like I've been overwhelmed by God's giving this weekend as we visited a sweet church in East Texas and finally witnessed the transformation of a bloggy friend into a real life friend.  Just a few of His gifts:
 
 
 -sweet food (we even got the recipe!)...
 

and sweet fellowship
 


-a beautiful place to start my Sunday morning, along with my four-year-old side kick...
 


...and a great view of the pasture just out the back door
 


surrounded by God's gorgeous creation everywhere I turned
 


-willing servants to cut up strawberries for breakfast
 

 
-a new set of friends, knit together because of our love for the Lord

1 comment:

quilt'n-mama said...

Looks like a great weekend! The cake looks amazing!