Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I was outside reading my Bible this morning.  The temps at night have been dropping to about 80 with a little breeze, so sitting outside is quite pleasant.  Usually, I'm less distracted if I'm outside away from things like dirty laundry that needs to be washed, birthday cards that need to be sent, etc.  But this morning I found myself watching two crows chasing a huge yellow moth.  They weaved back and forth across the parking lot and finally ended up in a cedar tree in the corner of the yard.  I couldn't see who won the race, but I'm going to pretend the beautiful moth won.  I like rooting for the underdog.

In my Chronological Bible, the entry for today was Daniel 1 and 2, and I was prompted to pray for all of the participants in the Old Testament/New Testament survey in Honiara this week that they would be "showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed quick to understand, and qualified to serve" and that God would give them "knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning."  I guess that would be a great prayer for this time of year with so many people going back to school.



Last night, a sweet couple from our church brought us a meal and stayed to enjoy it with us.  I love watching God work!  Friends of ours from SITAG have been attending the same church while on furlough, so this couple has been getting an earful about the Solomons for several years.  This thoughtful couple seemed to be able to read our minds.  They were such a blessing to us, bringing laundry detergent as a housewarming present.  And they brought strawberries (!!!) because they had learned that strawberries are not available in the Solomons.  God used our SITAG friends to "train" other friends to be an extra blessing to us.  Wow - that's just like God.

2 comments:

Herding Grasshoppers said...

God has good people on His team ;D

Julie

Anonymous said...

Thank You very much for the sweet care package! We are enjoying the coffee and the sweets! Hope you enjoy TX.
Sorry I don't have your TX address to send a regular card.
God Bless you and your family!
Catherine Nagl