Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."  Psalm 28:7

Leaping for joy and giving thanks...


-for this very patient family who used to live underneath us in seminary housing when we had three very active little ones.  And they still wanted to see us again!



-for my gift of a four year old who still likes to crawl up in my lap and snuggle



-for this mustard yellow chair that may look ugly to some.  To us it's beautiful because it belonged to Aaron's grandmother, then it lived in his office at HHBC, now it cushions members of a Sunday School class.




-for this amazing Sunday school class that reminds me of Revelation 7:9:  "...I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb."  Cambodian, Hispanic, African American, Caucasian, all come together to study God's Word and give him glory each Sunday morning.



-for impromptu guests willing to eat spaghetti for Sunday lunch after church



-for checker games and the chocolate chip cookie dough that we still had in the fridge


No comments: