Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

What a weekend!  Every little thing still feels like a BIG celebration...thank you, Lord.


-celebrating another birthday (this time surrounded by my extended family)


-worshipping together at Antioch Baptist Church, where I grew up



-watching my kids play games with their aunts and uncles





-spending time with my beautiful mama and sister, two peas in a pod


-both of my grandmothers who somehow found the time and energy to celebrate my special day


-enjoying supper at Stoby's, a family favorite for years within walking distance of my parent's house


-introducing my kids to Stoby's cheese dip


-all but one of the Williams' clan (we missed you, Daniel!), notice I'm the short one


-my girls goofing off in my mama's gorgeous hydrangeas



-unexpectedly getting to eat lunch with a cousin and his wife, whom we'd never met since they got married while we were overseas

5 comments:

Abi's Blog said...

Love that Stoby's! Don't forget to spend a little time in the Kitchen Store - another of my favorite places in your hometown! :)
Blessings,
Ava

Anonymous said...

Just returned from out-of-town and noticed your birthday on the calendar! Happy belated birthday, sweet friend! It was a blessing to see the pictures of you with those who love you so much and have loved you so well for so long!!!

Love,

Jayla

Jolene said...

Awww ~*Happy Birthday*~ I think the family time is the best earthly gift ever! We are always loving the family time above anything else!

quilt'n-mama said...

Looks like agreat weekend! Happy Birthday!

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like your are savoring lots of good things!