Tuesday, April 10, 2012

From February 13

For Today...Monday, February 13



Outside my window...clouds, but the wind and the rain have died down as the day has progressed; we have seven pumpkins growing now in our little pumpkin patch



From the learning rooms...studying plants and seeds and Katherine. Fun stuff.

I am thankful for...our SITAG friends who work so hard to keep us connected with the outside world, schedule times in their busy routines to just chat on the radio, and nurture us by sending mail and things we forgot to buy before we left for Marulaon



I am remembering...my Daddy's birthday this Friday.



From the kitchen...this morning we enjoyed a raisin bread braid that Sarah made, at lunch we ate fish curry made from the leftovers of all the fish that showed up at our door yesterday, and tonight we will eat leftovers from the weekend



I am reading... “The Westing Game” out loud with the kids, we are loving it!



I am hearing...kids chattering loudly under the house as they color pictures, eat bananas, and play cards; the small fan blowing on me as I type; “Stong Tower” by Kutless renewing my mind


Around the house...Sarah and Benjamin in the next room editing some writing assignments, brownies in the oven making the house smell good, Hernan Cortez joining the pictures along the yellow walls of our hallway



One of my favorite things...the pictures from my sister's wedding last October. They just came on the Kosko as a belated Christmas present.


Pondering these words... “May he turn our hearts to him, to walk in all his ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations he gave our fathers. And may these words of mine, which I have prayed before the Lord, be near to the Lord our God day and night, that he may uphold the cause of his servant the cause of his people Israel according to each day's need, so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other.” (I Kings 8: 58-60) I'm struck that God's tends to the need of each day, and that in meeting my needs, He gets the glory!

A few plans for the rest of the week...once again trying to finish the recording of the story of Jesus' birth, community work on the clinic and new nurse's house on Wednesday, Aaron attending the ordination of two new priests in another village on Friday


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...the view from our kitchen window

No comments: