Saturday, December 10, 2011

Honiara's Central Market


We love Honiara's Central Market!  Bought a couple of gorgeous fish to motu...


while enjoying December's bounty of watermelon and pineapple.




I always look for people from the Russells in the shellfish section, and I wasn't disappointed today!  This woman is from Malaita, but she married a Lavukalen and moved to Alokon in the Central Russells.


I bought a couple of coconut crabs from her, but I shied away from these fuzzy little critters. 


4 comments:

Jolene said...

I can only bring myself to eat fish if someone else prepares it. Odd, I know! Whenever I cook it my family raves but it just doesn't taste like I want it to. How do you prepare yours? (I'm fishing for recipes now!)

Choate Family said...

Jolene,
We cook our fish with a bunch of hot stones piled on top (preferably on a "cool" rainy day!). It's lots of work, but always yummy :-)
Joanna

quilt'n-mama said...

The market looks awesome, I hope one day we will get to visit it with you!

The dB family said...

What are the fuzzy ones? I'm always fascinated when you post market photos.

Blessings!
Deborah