Friday, December 9, 2011

Goodbyes


Part of our life here is constant goodbyes.  Either we are leaving or our friends are leaving.


Aaron went down with a couple of our friends to save seats on the boat at 5:30 this morning, and they got great seats (it helps when you are the first one on the boat!).


The rest of us came down a little bit later and hugged and cried.  This time, our friends will have a 2 1/2 hour ride on the Express, then about three hours in a motor canoe before they get to their village.  They usually have a long, overnight trip on a boat.  We'll put more cargo (with some extra goodies) on a ship bound for their village Tuesday night.


As we watched the boat pull out, I asked a veteran missionary if it ever got easier to say goodbye.  Her husband quickly answered, "You don't want it to get any easier."  Wise words.

If you look closely, you can see them waving goodbye!

2 comments:

no spring chicken said...

What a wonderful gift you are sharing here on your blog. We may all be missionaries... but what a treat to peek into the life of a missionary abroad! I didn't stop reading until I got to the crocheted bracelet. That reminded me that I'm supposed to be working on some crocheted bracelets of my own... Christmas gifts for some young nieces. :)

I look forward to reading more!

Blessings, Debbie

The dB family said...

I can't begin to imagine all the good-byes, but with good-byes, there are hellos too :o).

Blessings!
Deborah