Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Baskets


 At Snapshots Around the World, this week's theme is baskets.  So many different types of baskets abound in the Solomon Islands!



Here, purses are called baskets.



We love our our basket woven on Guadalcanal!  We use it as a fruit basket...


 ...and as a tray for a yummy breakfast in bed.



And I recently purchased this basket made by a Malaitan to use as a book basket.



This is my current purse/basket that I carry around town - just right for a water bottle, hand sanitizer, and my money for market.  The Solomon Islands is a great place to find baskets!

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love all your baskets, but I really want a book basket like that!!

The Hibbard Family said...

I love the purse baskets. How cute!

quilt'n-mama said...

I love all your baskets! Good baskets have become hard to find in or part of the world:)

Unknown said...

Hi from N Ireland and France!

LOVE all your selection of baskets :)

The dB family said...

And they're all very beautiful too!

Blessings!
Deborah