Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sweet Sabbath

"Praise our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard; he has preserved our lives and kept our feet from slipping. For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver....but you brought us to a place of abundance." Psalm 66:8-10, 12b
-creative kids who turn fingerprints into masterpieces (can you tell we've been watching Tchaikovsky's ballet "Sleeping Beauty"?)
-a simple reminder to enjoy my daily routines
-way cool blisters that grow when my finger collides with a spoon drizzling hot caramel sauce (the kids think it looks like I have a grub on my finger!)
-the sound of young voices murmuring the beginning of Colossians 1 as we still play catch up and pray for grace in our ambitious undertaking
-cool rainy days when cyclones brush the Solomons to enjoy lattes with my kids in ruby red mugs
-Katherine's wild mop of hair that matches her vivacious personality
Henk and our crew in 2009
-God's amazing timing. We lost electricty (which means running water, too) Monday when a small branch fell across the line that connects our house to city power. A precious WA couple arrived last Friday, so Henk (yep, the same Henk who helped with the Marulaon house), was available to tackle our electrical problems. The Solomon Island Electrity Company had the electricity back on just in time for our company to eat supper with fans and lights. You can follow their Solomon Island adventures here.
-the sound of the pressure cooker hissing as food is preserved for our next trip to Marulaon

4 comments:

The dB family said...

Katherine's hair reminds me of our soon to be youngest Filipina. Abygail has a wild mop of ebony coloured hair. I can't wait to reun my fingers through it!!

Ouch! your finger looks so sore. Make sure you don't let it get infected.

Sounds like you had a good week! You continue to be in my prayers.

Blessings!
Deborah

The Hibbard Family said...

You're so right - the finger does look cool!!! I'd probably find myself just sitting around looking at it. And, I agree with the kids - it does look like a translucent grub! Praying with you against infection and for quick healing.

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh, your poor finger!

glad your power came back on at just the right time :D

Julie

quilt'n-mama said...

OUCH!!!!!

Can't wait to share a Latte with you again friend!

Thanks for sharing your list!