Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sweet Sabbath

"Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits -- who forgives all your sins...who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagles." from Psalm 103
-fun "customize your own message" cookie cutters from my sister
-great egg containers from my mom to replace the flimsy clear plastic cartons we get here in Honiara


-sweet sisters fixing hair together

-yummy Kansas coffee from faraway friends


-a cozy book nook
-sunshine today (after almost a week of frequent rain) to help the clothes dry quickly and to lift our hearts


-pineapple season (equals an abundance of cheap pineapple)
-beginning our "Five Senses" study with Katherine to remind me to pay attention and really notice the many gifts God has given us and created us to enjoy (like this sweet smelling candle that makes my whole house smell good)

2 comments:

Lori at JOY Unspeakable said...

Oh, oh, oh! I am insanely *jealous* of your fresh pineapple! And cheap? You lucky ducks! Enjoy!

Darling, darling girlies!

quilt'n-mama said...

I love your little reading corner, I am wanting to make ours more inviting and a place the kids really want to spend hours.

The cookies are awesome, I've thought about getting those for the kids- do they work well?