Monday, October 18, 2010

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Thanks to Peggy for encouraging us to slow down record our lives each week.
For today...Monday, October 18

Outside my window...blue skies, kids running around on the basketball court to get the wiggles out, a "foster dog" on the porch


I am thinking...about both of grandfathers' birthdays this week. One of them will be eighty and the other will get fresh flowers on his grave.


I am thankful for...my amazing family that continues to pull together as a team to make this life we live a treat


I am wearing...a deep red A-line skirt, white t-shirt, gold filigree ball earrings that Aaron's mother gave me for Easter when I was in college


In the learning room...reading a biography of Gandhi as we continue studying India, celebrating fall with some leaf activities, Benjamin about to finish up his math book


I am remembering...to ask for God to turn my heart toward His statutes and not toward selfish gain and to turn my eyes away from worthless things. (Ps. 119:36-37)


I am going...on a date with my husband for lunch today (thanks to some gracious WAs)


I am currently reading..."Taste and See" by John Piper


I am hoping...that a new shipment of carrots and apples comes in this week, it's time to can!


On my mind...the obvious, getting ready to go back to Marulaon


Noticing that...the sun comes up much earlier now, just a little after five it's getting light, I guess even eight degrees south of the equator spring means more light


Pondering these words..."He makes the light yoke of Christ still lighter, not by lessening duty, but by increasing its ease through familiarity." --Hannah More


From the kitchen...oatmeal for breakfast, tuna salad for lunch, quiche for supper and s'mores for desert (thanks, Julie)


Around the house...new screens going in (so long, mosquitos!)


One of my favorite things...vintage chintz snack sets
From my camera...

this is what happens to Ranch seasoning packets in the Solomon Islands when we don't use them fast enough...they become a solid brick!

1 comment:

Joanna Allen said...

Our Ranch packets do that too. Also our Kool-Aid packets. Oh the joys of living in the tropics!!!