Monday, September 13, 2010

Honiara Woman's Daybook

Thanks to Peggy for making me slow down and think each week.


For today...Tuesday, September 14


Outside my window...a new day is beginning, roosters are crowing, birds are chirping, airplanes are humming overhead


I am thinking...about all of the things that have to be done before we can go back to Marulaon.


I am thankful for..."Women of the Harvest", a website dedicated to women (and their extended families) on the mission field. This ministry helps keep me from going dry!


I am wearing...floral knee-length skirt & burgundy t-shirt from the second hand store here in Honiara (great place to shop if you have the time & energy to sort through the racks of clothes), my hair up in a coconut shell clip


In the learning room...celebrating family with Katherine (perfect timing for Grandparents' Day), Sarah finishing up a research paper comparing aspects of China and Japan,


I am remembering...my Christmas shopping!


I am going...to Brisbane on Thursday, the first time for me to go visit my Mom's old stompin' grounds


I am currently reading...a Martha Stewart Living magazine from a care package


I am hoping...to continue running while we are in Brisbane


On my mind...nourishing my family mentally, spiritually, physically, and emotionally


Noticing that...the tradewinds are finally dying down


Pondering these words..."To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart." --Phyllis Theroux
http://www.azquotes.com/author/38428-Phyllis_Grissim_Theroux

From the kitchen...cleaning out the pantry and fridge (again), seems like we just did this


Around the house...Katherine reading aloud from the "family" basket: "Are You my Mother?" by P.D. Eastman, boxes piling up to go into storage while we are in Brisbane


One of my favorite things...quiet, unhurried mornings with a cup of coffee and my Bible


From my camera...my exercise buddy who faithfully encourages me to be a good steward of my body

3 comments:

The dB family said...

You both make exercise look like fun :o)! Coffee and quiet time with my Bible is one of my favorite things too.

Blessings!
Deborah

The Hibbard Family said...

I'm finally catching up! Yay! Steven was reading "Are You My Mother?" this past week, too! :-)

quilt'n-mama said...

I'm so proud of you Joanna!
Hugs friend,
Gayly