Monday, September 6, 2010

Honiara Woman's Daybook


Thanks to Peggy who hosts this daybook.

For today...Monday, September 6

Outside my window...the Pacific Ocean is "smiling", that's the way the locals describe the white caps that form when the seas are rough

I am thankful for...great ways for my kids to stay in touch with current events

From the learning rooms...beginning "Early Education at Home" with Katherine, my all time favorite preschool curriculum guide (the other kids love it, too!)

From the kitchen...cinnamon rolls this morning (made by Sarah after I mixed up the bread dough) and tonight we'll enjoy chicken drumsticks and Mexican Salad Bowl from "The New Laurel's Kitchen"

I am wearing...sweaty exercise clothes - it's nice to be able to wear shorts again instead of a skirt

I am creating...Christmas wish lists for our thoughtful & generous parents so boxes can arrive for the grandchildren in the Solomons on time (Sarah really likes this one)

I am going...with a friend to try and find Sister Joanna from the Sisters of the Church on Wednesday morning, then we'll do our weekly shopping
I am reading..."Broken Stick: Mission to the Forbidden Island" a book set in the Solomon Islands by Eileen E. Lantry

I am hoping...to take advantage of Dayspring's big sale on teapots and teacups

I am hearing...new CDs that we just got in the mail, Vaughn Williams' "Fantasy on a Theme by Thomas Tallis" makes me smile and cry at the same time

Noticing that...God's grace and mercy still amaze me

Around the house...torn paper apple collages, a National Geographic map of India

Pondering these words..."But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior..." Titus 3:4-6

One of my favorite things...sweet iced tea in a variety of flavors

A few plans for the rest of the week...lots of company (including hosting a birthday party on Thursday), some catch-up shots for Katherine, the big race on Sunday - Aaron and I are participating in the 5K and our big kids are running in the 2K

Here is a picture though I am sharing...this is what happens to ranch dressing mix in the Solomon Islands, it becomes a solid block


1 comment:

jgboland said...

I am reading the book now. Did you like the book?