Saturday, August 28, 2010

Picture Dictionary Workshop

Sunday, August 8

I am super proud of my husband! The picture dictionary workshop was a huge success this weekend. Men came from many villages in the West Russells to share ideas and to learn about compiling a Lavukal picture dictionary. Aaron did a great job coordinating and teaching and handing out assignments, and our community offered food and taught me how to host a workshop underneath my house. I made curried lentils, rice, and lelenga to go along with the fish and lelenga shared by Marulaon. I also made a HUGE pot of tea (it must hold at least a gallon!) and learned that six tea bags in that pot is just right for our neighbors.
Yesterday, while I was preparing the fire for lelenga (you can see our kitchen in the background), Susi asked me for a lolly. I told her no because I don't often hand out candy. Later, I saw her digging up roots by our kitchen and eating them, so I asked her "Inu keakia?" (You hungry?) She answered affirmatively, so I ran up to the porch and retrieved some kino (cutnuts) for her to eat. I'm so thankful that God always provides enough for us to eat and to have enough left over to share. Today, Susi and her little sister came to get water from one of our rain tanks during the workshop.

No comments: