Monday, August 16, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook

For Today...Monday, July 26
 
Outside my window...a full moon trying to shine through clouds as it rises.

 
I am wearing...a blue flowery cotton nightgown that I just got in a box from my mom, it's perfect for our warm evenings
 
I am praying for...rain, rain, and more rain.  Our front two rain tanks are almost dry.
 
I am going...to transplant lots of seedlings as soon as we get some rain.
 
From the learning rooms...two days off while company is here, then beginning our study of Russia
I am remembering...being in labor eleven years ago today and the beautiful results.
 
I am thankful for...friends who are willing to hop the Bikoi, brave the rough seas, and come celebrate with us.
 
From the kitchen...tomorrow menu picked by the birthday girl – date nut ring for breakfast, chicken fettucine alfredo florentine (made with slippery cabbage from our own yard) followed by cake and ice cream mid-day, and grilled cheese to close her perfect day.
 
I am reading..."Pocket Full of Pinecones" by Karen Andreola
 

On my mind...the reconciliation service Aaron and I attended this afternoon. 
Noticing that...we have tiny bell peppers and one tiny watermelon growing!
 
Pondering these words..."All grace grows as love for the Word of God grows." –Philip Henry (Matthew Henry's father)
 
I am hearing...Olivia snoring
 
Around the house...our two big girls and our young visitor piled into a home-made "yurt" to sleep tonight

 
A few plans for the rest of the week...frequent choir practice, cooking for the many visitors we are expecting on Saturday afternoon

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...girls in the "yurt"

No comments: