Monday, August 16, 2010

Marulaon Woman's Daybook

For Today...Monday, July 5
 
Outside my window...lots of little seeds (green bean, pumpkin, cantaloupe, watermelon, tomato, bell pepper, corn) that I planted last week getting ready to pop up any day now and a few survivors (green bean, bell pepper, umalau, obikola, tomato) from our last trip out here trying to thrive
 
I am thinking...how much I would like to be in St. Paul right now where my siblings and parents have gathered for Christmas in July
 
I am wearing...pajamas
 
I am praying for...language learning, wisdom in parenting, understanding of my neighbors, good choices in cross-cultural living and time management
 
From the learning rooms...back in China now that I have my Instructor's Guide back
I am thankful for...the amazing weather we've been having, a good balance of rain and sun for the rain tanks, solar panels, and gardens.  We must have lots of people praying!
 
I am remembering...about past Independence Days in Olive Branch, enjoying fireworks with friends
 
From the kitchen...a fish fresh off the motu, bought from a neighbor who pulled it out of the ocean this morning
 
I am reading...my language learning notes, always trying to go back and look at old data in the light of any new knowledge I gain
 
I am hoping...that e-mail works soon
I am creating...a smaller pile of clothes that still need to be mended
 
Pondering these words..."A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book." –Irish Proverb
 
I am hearing...Katherine singing
 
Around the house...lots of yummy green coconuts
 
One of my favorite things...understanding what my neighbors are saying (it doesn't happen very often!)
 
A few plans for the rest of the week...getting ready for our company this weekend, the American teacher who came to enrich SITAG kids during the summer break and a brother/sister pair from Australia who grew up in the Solomons.  We can hardly wait!
 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...wildflowers that remind me of Matthew 6

No comments: