Saturday, August 28, 2010

Marualon Woman's Daybook

For today...Monday, August 9th



I am thinking...how different this trip out has been. Last time, I didn't want to go back to Honiara. This time, I can't wait to get back. I am exhausted in every way - physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally. I feel like I am walking in molasses up to my chin.



I am wearing...denim skirt, pink t-shirt, wet hair hanging down my back.



I am praying for...myself. This prayer from Lynn Walker Bowen's book "Queen of the Castle": Thank you, Lord, for being so faithful to work in me. Help me to remember to turn to you in my life...when I am not feeling very fruitful. Thank you for the assurance that you are the fruit producer; I am only the distributor.



I am remembering...eating fresh cherries at my mother's just before we left the States two years ago.



I am thankful for...SITAG's deputy who has access to our e-mail accounts and has been reading us a few e-mails over the radio. He has been doing LOTS of extra work because of our lack of e-mail connection. Thanks a bunch, Andy!



From the kitchen...I bought two big coconut crabs (urio) at market this weekend (I never know what I'm going to find!), so I'll mix them up with some pasta and tomato sauce and cheese for lunch today.



I am reading..."The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd

I am hoping...that a little bit of running is better than no running at all. I still can't make it very far running, but the kids and I are still getting up and moving around that soccer field as the sun pokes its head up over the horizon. Benjamin is actually hoping to run in the 5K if the rules allow.

I am creating...my order for Sonlight and other complementary books for our next year of school so my parents can bring them in December. Two great things to which I can look forward - new books and my parents' visit!

On my mind...Katherine has been running a fever for about 24 hours with no signs of infection, so we started her on malaria meds this morning as a precaution.

Noticing that...we have been incredibly busy this time - not a free weekend our entire stay in Marulaon.

Pondering these words..."Some Christians praise the Lord and some do not. Perhaps the difference is this: the believers who praise the Lord have their eyes of faith fixed on Him, while the silent saints look only at themselves. When God is the center of your life, you can praise Him everyday, because you will always find blessings no matter how difficult your circumstances. To a praising saint, the circumstances of life are a window through which he sees God. To a complaining saint, these same circumstances are only a mirror in which he sees himself. That is why he complains." --Warren Wiersbe

I am hearing...Lyrical Life Science playing while the kids clean up the breakfast dishes.

Around the house...accumulating dirt. I've been putting off mopping, washing windows, etc. because of the lack of water. The louvers now bear messages begging to be washed, courtesy of my children. Guess we'll be cleaning house today since we got a little bit of rain yesterday.

One of my favorite things...radio sked. Our time to reconnect with the outside world.

A few plans for the rest of the week...trying again to go to my own bush garden and begin clearing the ground with Eileen, beginning to make piles and lists for our return to Honiara in two weeks.

Here is a picture though I am sharing with you...



Katherine holding Delcia, her favorite baby in all of Marulaon

No comments: